Advocacy activities are integral to the work of the Partnership. They include high-level visits to secure buy-in and support, outreach with state authorities, community leaders and the private sector. Through effective advocacy, the Partnership can change mindsets to advance humanitarian-development collaboration, and in so doing-reduce needs, vulnerability and risk over the long-term.
The PfRR will undertake various types of advocacy activities to support its objectives. These include:
- High Level Visits, as part of the building blocks, to support the Area Based Programming workstream, with preparation in advance and as follow up to ensure partners are willing to support programming in that area.
- Encouraging local commitment and the development of inclusive partnerships, including local authorities, civil society, the private sector, NGOs and other implementing agencies.
- Discussions within the Partnership constituencies to ensure all members understand the key elements of the approach and making use of existing networks.
- Encouraging new support for the Partnership among donors and other potential partners.
- Advocacy with other geographical locations in South Sudan to learn from the experience of pilots such as Yambio.
- Advocacy with the central government / authorities.